Monday, August 13, 2007

Left behind

A month ago, I took this photo:


I've passed by this house every day for the last 4 years, while walking to and from work. The dishevelled yard and the GIGANTIC satellite dish never ceased to amuse me. I mean, who even has those anymore? Well, apart from sheep farmers from Kalkaringi, Australia. (Probably somewhere near here.)

Anyway, I decided to photograph the house and post it on my Flickr page. I gave it the title "Communicate with the Aliens."

Apparently, the aliens have responded because this is what I saw on my way home from work today:


Seeing this house being torn apart made me feel really odd and I can't quite put my finger on why. Maybe it has something to do with the ever-changing landscape of the modern city. (Blink and you've missed it.) Maybe it was the fact that a very solid piece of reality was soon to be no more and I had captured evidence of its existence.

Or maybe I was over-thinking things. Maybe that the crazy old coot who lived there with his five monstrous Rottweilers had finally made contact and the six of them hitched a ride outa here.

One thing is for certain. This lady was especially interested in the process.


Perhaps she was supposed to catch a ride with them and can't quite believe they left without her.

No comments:

Post a Comment