Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Water music

Before I went on the fantastic houseboating adventure, my sister gave me the excellent idea of making a water-themed mix CD for the trip. And I now share that playlist with you, because I love you so:
  1. SpongeBob SquarePants Theme Song - The Pirates
  2. Sea Cruise - Frankie Ford and Huey Piano Smith & Orchestra
  3. (Sittin On) The Dock of the Bay - Otis Redding
  4. When the Ship Comes In - Bob Dylan
  5. If I Had a Boat - Lyle Lovett
  6. Wooden Ships - Crosby, Stills & Nash
  7. Six Months In a Leaky Boat - Split Enz (Thanks to my Grasshopper buddy for this one.)
  8. The Wreck of the Edmond Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
  9. Drunken Sailor - The Irish Rovers
  10. I'm Shipping Up to Boston - Dropkick Murphys
  11. The Boat Song (We're Gettin' Loaded) - The Ike Reilly Assassination
  12. Ocean Man -Ween
  13. Yellow Submarine - The Beatles
  14. River Song - Dennis Wilson
  15. The Banana Boat Song - Harry Belafonte (Couldn't resist linking to The Muppets! This isn't the version on the mix CD.)
  16. The Last Saskatchewan Pirate - Captain Tractor (I'm from Regina - how could I NOT include this one? And yes, this is the same "semi-famous Western Canadian celtic/rock-ish band" that I wrote about before)
  17. Sloop John B - The Beach Boys
  18. I'm On a Boat - The Lonely Island featuring T-Pain

1 comment:

  1. I love theme mixes. Looks like you did an exceptional job with this one.

    ReplyDelete