Monday, September 21, 2009

Mom: 3 Nat: 0

The scene: Nat's mom picks her up to go grocery shopping. Nat just had her head shaved because her hair was falling out by the handful.

Mom: You know, if I thought I would look better bald I would shave my head, too.

Nat: How do you know how you would look until you try it?

Mom: It would start growing in and it would be mostly grey. I think it would look terrible.

Nat: So you're not going to be one of those moms that shaves her head to support her cancer kid?

Mom: Nat, you know I'm here for you to help with anything you need - but I don't love you that much.

How do bald people cope with the constant cold head?

5 comments:

  1. Hats, hats, and more hats. When the weather is cold, I have a toque for every day of the week. More reasons for some retail therapy.

    Just a tip from one baldy to another;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A real reason to shop? EJP, you're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's hilarious.

    I thought of you when I re-clippered my head this week. I think you fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mom knitted me some simple hats using that fake fur yarn and I wore them even to bed - so comfy and warm! Now whenvever I get cold I still wear one to bed even though my hair has mostly grown back.

    ReplyDelete